On 20 and 21 June 2015, the Strategic Management Subject Area at the University of Vienna will host its biannual conference on Strategy, Organizational Design, and Innovation – an academic conference devoted to discussing fundamental research at the intersections of decision-making, organization theory, and new business developments. The conference will commence on Saturday, 20 June, in the late morning, and it will end on Sunday, 21 June, in the late afternoon. Confirmed keynote speakers and track moderators include:
- Adam Brandenburger (J.P. Valles Professor, Stern School of Business, New York University)
- Michael Lenox Samuel (L. Slover Research Professor of Business, Darden School of Business, University of Virginia)
- Zur Shapira (William Berkley Professor of Management, Stern School of Business, New York University, Editor-in-Chief, Organization Science)
Further panellists (tbc) are Phanish Puranam (INSEAD) and Thorbjørn Knudsen (SDU), among others. In this call we solicit submissions of (unpublished) papers from researchers at all levels. While we appreciate all types of contributions that fall under the broader conference theme, we are particularly interested in research that addresses questions of basic interest in the field, such as (combinations of) the following:
- The emergence and sustainability of firm-level heterogeneity
- Mechanisms of value creation, value appropriation, and their interdependence
- Agent rationality and agent behaviour in complex strategic decision-making contexts
- New or innovative organization designs; organization design in non-traditional contexts (e.g. governments, NGOs, business ecosystems, open communities, supplier networks, etc.)
- The interaction of technical design and organizational structure (e.g. the presence or absence of “mirroring”)
- The use of formal models (closed form or computational) in the analysis of organizational design
- The use of new methodologies (laboratory and field experiments, SecondLife, etc.) in management research
- The mechanistic underpinnings and social challenges of innovation-related phenomena (e.g. green technology, alternative energy, etc.)
We ask contributors to submit their papers electronically to email@example.com.
The deadline for submissions is 1 February 2015. Authors will be informed of the acceptance of their papers by 1 March 2015. The Strategic Management Subject Area in Vienna will sponsor hotel accommodation for presenting authors (one per paper) for up to two nights in Vienna.
For further information and updates on the conference, please consult: http://strategy.univie.ac.at/the-vienna-conference-on-strategy-organizational-design-and-innovation/ or email us directly.